Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisp...@gmx.com> wrote:

I've always been confused by C in this regard. It seems to logical to me
that T[3] works the same whether T is U[4] or U.

You're going to have to elaborate on that. I'm not quite sure what you're
talking about. And the syntax int[4][3] isn't legal C anyway. It just does what C would likely have done had it put the brackets with the type rather than the
variable name, since D uses pretty much the same syntax for variable
declarations and therefore pretty much the same rules.

You know, after reading your post to Ali, and trying to come up with a
reason why I felt the way I did, I have found enlightenment.
Limited, yes, but I now see that C's order is also good. Now if only
there were a reasonable way to extricate the type from the variable
name...

--
Simen