Hello,

Is there a way to explore the current scope, meaning the set of currently
defined symbols?
(Equivalent of python's vars(), locals(), globals().)

I have 2 use cases for this:

1. name objects automatically
I need some objects to know their name (as field on themselves). the only
solution I can else imagine is for the user write:
        x = ...;
        x.name = "x";
I hope you agree this is more than stupid ;-) Exploring the scope would allow
providing a tool func that does this automatically, once all objects are known.
Is there an alternative I overlook?

2. some tool like format()
Say I wish like to define an alternative approach to variable strings, like
        s = VarString("Hello, 'userName'!");
This requires getting variable values at runtime, I guess, meaning explore the
scope. How do format and writefln work (pointer welcome)? Is there an
alternative?

Denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com