sybrandy wrote:

> Why not have something like this:
>
> this (int[] data, string text, bool isMessage = false) {...}
>
> Then, if you just pass in two parameters you treat it as a filename and
> if you pass in a "true" for the third parameter, it's a message.  It's
> not quite what you're looking for, but it's simple and pretty clean.
>
> Casey

If you opt for this solution, an enum is slightly more verbose but much
clearer:

enum IsMessage
{
    Yes,
    No
}

this (int[] data, string text, IsMessage isMessage = IsMessage.No) {...}

auto s = new S(data, text, IsMessage.Yes);

vs

auto s = new S(data, text, true);

I would still prefer a factory method or a struct wrapper though.