On Saturday 08 January 2011 19:16:26 Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> > On Saturday 08 January 2011 13:32:19 Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> >> where did libdruntime.a go in dmd.2.051.zip:/linux/lib ?
> >
> > I think that it's included inside of libphobos.a now, and has been for a
> > few releases. The libraries are still separate, and you can build them
> > separately, but from what I can tell, it looks like phobos ends up
> > including the druntime stuff in itself when you build it. So, having a
> > separate libdruntime.a would be kind of pointless unless you were
> > specifically trying to avoid linking in any Phobos stuff, which would be
> > highly abnormal, and in which case you could build druntime yourself.
>
> Figures, but I thought I looked in libphobos and didn't see druntime
> symbols.. oh well.
>
> And yeah, it's been a few releases since I've needed to build my own rpms

Well, I haven't actually gone so far as to look at the symbols in the library,
but there is no libdruntime.a - only a libphobos.a - and it works. And if you
build phobos, you still need to build druntime first. So, really, the only way
that it could really work from what I can see is that libphobos.a includes the
stuff from libdruntime.a in it. Why or how, I don't know.

- Jonathan M Davis