On Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 02:29:43 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Sat, May 02, 2020 at 02:22:42AM +0000, dan via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
I'm looking for a function something like writeln or write, but instead of writing to stdout, it writes to a string and returns the string.
[...]

        import std.format : format;
        string str = format("%s %s %s", obj1, obj2, obj3);

Thanks HS!

That looks like a good move, if format will do the string conversion for me.

But one thing that would be troublesome is that i would have to make sure to count up the %s so that they match the number of arguments. I would like to do without that, just like writeln does.

Anyhow, though, thanks for point out format.

dan