On Wednesday, 6 May 2020 at 07:57:46 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 May 2020 at 07:42:44 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 May 2020 at 07:27:19 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
Just tried removing the boundscheck and got 1.5 seconds in D!

Cool! But before getting too excited I would recommend you to also run tests if the resulting data is even still correct before you keep this in if you haven't done this already!

Yes, I've been outputting portions of the result which is a 10_000 x 10_000 matrix but it's definitely a good idea to do a full reconciliation of the outputs from all the languages.

If you feel like it, I would recommend you to write up some small blog article what you learned about how to improve performance of hot code like this. Maybe simply write a post on reddit or make a full blog or something.

I'll probably do a blog on GitHub and it can be linked it on reddit.

Ultimately: all the smart suggestions in here should probably be aggregated. More benchmarks and more blog articles always help the discoverability then.

Definitely, Julia has a very nice performance optimization section that makes things easy to start with https://docs.julialang.org/en/v1/manual/performance-tips/index.html, it helps alot to start getting your code speedy before you ask for help from the community.