On Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 12:29:23 UTC, bauss wrote:
Dang, that sucks there is no proper way and I would say that's a big flaw of D.

Because what I need it for is for some data serialization but if the value is an empty array then it should be present and if it's null then it should not be present.

Since null is used to say "ignore this" in the data serialization.

Oh well.

If you want to avoid the memory cost of `Nullable`, I think you could still have a special value for "no data". But I wouldn't use D `null` for it, because it's so common for it to be used for empty values. Instead, I'd define a small data section somewhere. You test whether the array points to it (`&arr[0] == &nullSection[0]`), and if, it means no data.