On 5/30/20 9:51 PM, Marius Cristian Baciu wrote:
I am encountering a strange problem with the GC on a specific platform:
at the first attempt to clear the current memory pool to make room for a new allocation, the GC considers that the page in which the main thread resides (the one created in the init function of the GC) can be freed.. therefore, frees the entire pool and reallocates at the same location; later, when accessing thread's address, it stumbles upon garbage data. The question is: where does the GC expects the address of the thread to be found so that it takes it into consideration? A relevant mention would be that the platform doesn't support TLS so it won't find anything when trying to access that data. Could it be related to this?

I can't imagine much of druntime working at all without TLS. Indeed, it is a requirement these days.

I believe that's where these roots are being stored.

-Steve