On Monday, 6 July 2020 at 20:20:44 UTC, Stanislav Blinov wrote:
I'd say the original error should be reported on bugzilla, if it isn't already; if only for the error message which is ridiculously obscure.

Yeah, you're tellin' me lol. I spent the better part of the day tracking this one down, and the error file and line numbers display it as having occured at the callsite rather than the actual problem areas.

Though, admittedly I'm kind of used to seeing this error message since it appears any time you try and do something that relies on type info in betterC, intentionally or not. A notable example is forgetting to supply an arrange length when declaring a stack array, or it'll try to create a runtime-allocated array.

I'll open a report for this shortly if it is a bug if there isn't one already. For now, that template is an adequate workaround.