On Thursday, 9 July 2020 at 12:12:06 UTC, wjoe wrote:
Also GC but it's possible to make a dynamic array implementation which avoids the GC.
It's easy to make a dynamic array without using the GC. Did you mean "implementation which avoids memory management"?

I'm not considering supposed performance benefits/penalties because these need to be profiled.

Considering the many downsides why would I ever want to choose a static over a dynamic array ?
Sometimes the amount of elements is known at compile time so you don't need to waste CPU cycles for memory allocation/freeing. This can be really important when you work on a performance-critical code.