On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:28:47 -0500, %u <n...@spam.com> wrote:

Please pardon my complete lack of knowledge. Please provide some
suggestions/pointers so that I can improve myself.

Given a table containing three values (ie, myName, myId, parentId),
how does one insert those values into a tree such that the
parent/child relationship defined in the table is maintained?
Basically I'm given a file containing parents and children in no
particular order. I would like to print all children of a given
parent regardless of where they fall on the tree.

Note, this is not a school related question, simply a retard trying
to learn how to do things more efficiently.

With a many-to-one relationship of parent to child, I'd suggest each tree node having a array of child node pointers:

struct Node
{
   int id;
   string myName;
   Node *parent; // only needed if you want to go up the tree.
   Node *[] children;
}

-Steve