On Thursday, 16 July 2020 at 14:17:10 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
On Thursday, 16 July 2020 at 13:54:56 UTC, aberba wrote:
On Thursday, 16 July 2020 at 13:41:31 UTC, aberba wrote:
On Thursday, 16 July 2020 at 09:47:02 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
[...]

Since its based on WikiMedia, searched an came up with this [1] to embed in iframe

1. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Iframe

Also the D Tour uses codemirror [1] which has an extension for wikimedia [2]

1. https://codemirror.net/index.html
2. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CodeMirror

Yeah an extension combining CodeMirror and adding another tab or splitting the container for the output, executed by run.dlang.io would be a cool addition to the wiki and would not be blocked as easily as iframes.

From my quick lookup, its seems after embedded in your WikiMedia instances, it exposes a JavaScript API to monitor change and then execute the code. If run.dlang.io has a rest API of some kind, have to look up how it's done in tour, then its a matter of showing the code in a bottom div.

Not familiar with the WikiMedia extension system but having it as a reusable component will be the ideal approach.

I rather we go for a modernized wiki platform.