On Tuesday, 1 September 2020 at 14:45:43 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 September 2020 at 11:45:34 UTC, ParticlePeter wrote:
[snip]

I have a enhancement for dub in my mind, which would also solve your issue. Similiar to setup.py in python you would be able to define an entry point in dub.json.
"entryPoints": {"foo":"subPackageName"}

Command `dub install mypackage` would create a batch file/bash script with name foo containing the command `dub run mypackage:subPackageName -- %*`.

Unfortunately I do not have any time to work on this.

Kind regards
Andre

So, I take it that such a feature does not exist already.
Your suggestion sounds nice, but why do you think it would be necessary to go through a batch file or script? I think it should be possible from within dub, to feed the chosen compiler backend with the proper commands to either build or run the appropriate entryPoint.

- PP