On Saturday, 19 September 2020 at 20:17:06 UTC, aberba wrote:
I personally (and many others in the industry... judging by popularity of express (node.js) and the plentiful third-party libraries,..do prefer the router.get() design. Also having everything abstracted in a convenient and consistent way...is very desirable. vibe.d's web interface API is something I've always praised and thanks to how powerful D is compare to say JavaScript. Diet templates is also an example.

I'm not a professional web developer and I don't intend to become one. My intention is to live a long and mentally healthy life and web development is a serious threat to that ;)

However that power is not tapped in enough (yet) to favour using D conveniently over node (js). And web developers are interested in getting things done (at least my kind of web devs) rather than getting it our way...or squeezing every bit of efficiency out of it. Part of why v8 is fast by default (for us).

But joking aside, I'm going to use D over Javascript any day of the week no questions asked. And despite my constant bickering, vibe is a huge accomplishment and improvement over what I used in the past. So kudos.