On Thursday, 28 January 2021 at 01:09:52 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Thursday, 28 January 2021 at 01:01:36 UTC, Ruby The Roobster wrote:
    readf("%d",x);

This is why I hate readf, it is sensitive to litte things.

If you put a space in that string I think it will fix it. What happens here is it reads the float, then leaves the buffer at the \n from when the user pressed enter. So when it comes around it complains about that unexpected character.

So try readf(" %d") or readf("%d\n") or something like that.

OR just use `readln().strip().to!int` that kind fo thing.

Thanks!