On Sunday, 30 May 2021 at 07:03:38 UTC, Chris Piker wrote:
On Thursday, 27 May 2021 at 07:00:32 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
I would like to recommend DlangUI [1], but we have tried now for months to get in contact with the owner of it (to take over development) and are getting no reponse.

1. https://github.com/buggins/dlangui

Of the 107 forks of dlangui last seen on github, do you know if any contain more recent changes/features than the buggins original repo? If there's a quick way to check without paging through all of them I'm curious to know how it would be done.

I'm using D for efficient server-side processes only, since at work we're heavily invested in Java for our end-user GUIs, but I'm curious about the state of D GUI toolkits nonetheless.

"Insights -> Network" will show branching overview where you can clearly observe what changes were made on each fork

https://github.com/buggins/dlangui/network

DlangUI is somewhat primitive but I like it that way, one can quickly hack up pretty much any widget (including graphics) without too much hassle, just subclass suitable widget for the base, override few methods and start hacking.

Of course I would like it to be real MVVM with view/data separation, visual/logical hierarchy separation, data bindings, UI automation and stuff. Maybe I'll fork it one day to make it that way, but at this moment I already have too much stuff to do.