On Friday, 23 July 2021 at 14:41:41 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
The first is to change the type of right from const R to const T[L1], which removes the type specialization:

Thanks for suggesting that fix, removing R altogether is a very simple solution I hadn't considered. :)

Unfortunately, the algorithm it uses for this is not very sophisticated, and does not take type specializations (like `R : T[L1]`) into account.

This seems like a slight oversight to me, do you know if there would be any chance of this changing in the future?