On Tuesday, 3 August 2021 at 17:57:47 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 8/3/21 10:50 AM, james.p.leblanc wrote:

> **Is there some highly visible place this is already
documented?

For what it's worth, it appears as "slice from pointer" in my index:

http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/pointers.html#ix_pointers.slice%20from%20pointer

Admittedly, one needs to know the concept first to think about that entry. :/

Ali

Ali,

Thanks for your message! (And even a bigger thanks for writing your book!) Your book was one of the first D programming books I read, and learned much from
it.

At the time of my reading, I was too much of a new-comer to the D-language to see the importance of the "slice from pointer". This concept is a hidden gem of the
language IMHO!

But, with my recent needs to mix and match native D with the FFTW C-functions in an avx friendly alignment, I was really searching for a way to keep the "best of both worlds". The "slice from pointer" concepts is a valuable one.

I need to go back and read that section of book now!

Best Regards,
James