On Tuesday, 7 September 2021 at 08:27:33 UTC, JN wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 September 2021 at 04:13:08 UTC, Chris Piker wrote:
Like almost all new users to D I'm tripping over how to save and pass around variables since nothing has an understandable type anymore and you can't use "auto" for *class member* storage types.

I struggle with this often. Templated types that pretty much require you to use auto look nice on the paper and in samples, but once you try to integrate them into a larger project, it can get messy.

I agree with this, that's why I avoid templates anywhere they're not necessary and wrap everything in structs/classes with little to no template parameters.

Templates gets messy soon because you often end up overengineering trivial problems.