On Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 18:38:34 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I find it interesting how you blame yourself for C's idiosyncrasies

Me? Blaming *myself* for C 'idiosyncrasies'? :) Where?

but not for D's ;)

I've been learning D for about 3 months only.

I would say C has far more pitfalls than D.

No doubt - and I've never said C is "better" than D.
I was going to try betterC subset
(say, try to implement dynamic arrays),
but did not have much free time yet.

Check out the undefined behaviors for C.

Nothing interesting...
Most of UB in C are just programmer's sloppiness.
C requires a programmer to be careful/punctual,
much more careful, than ... a python, for ex.

            • Re: Pro... eugene via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... eugene via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... eugene via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... eugene via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... eugene via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... jfondren via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... eugene via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... eugene via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... eugene via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... eugene via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... jfondren via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Program crash: GC de... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn
  • Re: Program crash: GC destroy... eugene via Digitalmars-d-learn