On Tuesday, 28 September 2021 at 16:30:09 UTC, Eric_DD wrote:
I am trying to use a newer version of Assimp.
I have found a assimp-vc140-mt.dll (v3.3.1) which I renamed to assimp.dll

When running my executable it throws a derelict.util.exception.SharedLibLoadException:

"Failed to load one or more shared libraries:
        assimp.dll - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
        Assimp64.dll - The specified module could not be found"

Any idea what's going on? Are 64bit dlls not supported?

I'm not maintaining the package anymore, but this is an error from the system loader and has nothing to do with the binding itself. It's the sort of error that usually pops up when trying to load a 32-bit DLL into a 64-bit program, or vice versa. Are you sure it's a 64-bit DLL?