On Sunday, 3 October 2021 at 22:27:20 UTC, Tim wrote:
On Sunday, 3 October 2021 at 22:26:15 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
On Sunday, 3 October 2021 at 22:21:45 UTC, Tim wrote:
[...]

You don't say which operating system you are using.
I usually use Visual D which works great imo.

If I use vscode I use the C++ debug extension (don't remember what it's called).

If I debug outside of the IDE I use WinDbg, also has source debug support if configured correctly.

If you are on Linux I'm not sure, but I would go for the C++ thing probably.

Apologies. I use KDE linux

On Linux I would recommend compiling with LDC (dub defaults to debug mode, otherwise use `-g`) and using LLDB.

Additionally for string, array and AA support use https://github.com/Pure-D/dlang-debug/#lldb (code-d section in README is for upcoming release, you need to follow the manual install procedures)

For VSCode I recommend using the [CodeLLDB](https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=vadimcn.vscode-lldb) extension, it works pretty well.