On Saturday, 30 October 2021 at 17:45:57 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

You said "deallocating unreferenced elements". I thought you meant elements unreferenced by the AA.

Yup, I misunderstood you :)

What I mean is, the AA isn't going to change implementations where it now deallocates values that may still have existing references. If that's the case, we can state that in the docs.

e.g.:

Removing a key does not deallocate the value that was removed. The value's lifetime is managed by the GC and will be alive until there are no references to that value.

:whateveritistodoathumbsuphere: