On Monday, 27 December 2021 at 21:05:51 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
adder(MyType!MyEnum.INTEGER(), MyType!MyEnum.STRING());

The rule for !(args) is of you leave the parenthesis off, it only uses the next single token as the argument. So it will never include a dot; it is like you wrote `MyType!(MyEnum).INTEGER`.

You might just always use the () in your generated code.... when you create that mixin string can't just just change the generator to put the () around it? Or is the stringof generating this? (Another reason why stringof is terrible and should never be used ever for anything.)

`MyType!MyEnum.STRING` is generated with `T.stringof `. I get the error:

if you can paste teh code where you generate this I can prolly show you a much easier way to do it. stringof sucks really hard.