On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 16:36:36 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 1/19/22 06:06, michaelbi wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 13:21:32 UTC, Stanislav Blinov wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 13:15:35 UTC, michaelbi wrote:

[...]

[...]

...because there's an empty line at the end of input.txt?

i got it, though i still don't know where the [] come from. i just add strip here: a=>a.idup.strip

Works for me on Linux. Perhaps there is an issue with Windows line endings?

In any case, the .strip above would not be eliminating empty lines; you need to filter them out e.g. with

  byLine.filter!(line => !line.empty)

Aside: Instead of copying the lines with .idup explicitly, there is .byLineCopy that already does that.

Ali

I am using windows.
Thanks a lot for introducing those funcs. Now I am feeling the D’s quite interesting and powerful :)