On Wednesday, 26 January 2022 at 18:41:51 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
The D language shot itself in the foot by requiring templates to have weak semantics.

If DMD and LDC inline weak functions, that's their bug.

As I already mentioned in the bugzilla, it would be really useful to see a practical example of DMD and LDC running into troubles because of mishandling weak templates. I was never able to find anything about "requiring templates to have weak semantics" anywhere in the Dlang documentation or on the Internet. Asking for clarification in this forum yielded no results either. Maybe I'm missing something obvious when reading the https://dlang.org/spec/template.html page?

I have no doubt that you have your own opinion about how this stuff is supposed to work, but I have no crystal ball and don't know what's happening in your head.