On 4/28/22 10:48 PM, Salih Dincer wrote:
On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 14:34:58 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

You may want to post what you want to achieve with your code, instead of examples of what you tried, and it may allow us to make things clearer. You are likely using the wrong construct to achieve your goals.

Hi, sorry to bring up an old topic again, but I'm not a zombie. It's true I'm a dinosaur. 😀

What I want to do is: What is supported in many programming languages ​​ but not in modern D programming language: String Interpolation

I believe this will be done using the template. What is this D template called as the special syntax called?

There is no string interpolation in D. You can use a function such as `std.conv.text` to produce a string given interleaving strings and items. Or you can use `std.format.format` to make it happen.

It looks like you want to take any number of parameters as a template parameter comprised of a tuple of strings? That isn't supported. What you instead created was a tuple with a name that shadows the outer name. Note that `string` is NOT a keyword in D, it's just an alias (one that the compiler recognizes specially). So it's possible to redefine string as a symbol to mean something else.

-Steve
  • T... args! Salih Dincer via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: T... args! Adam Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: T... args! Salih Dincer via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re: T... args! Petar via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re: T... args! Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • Re: T... arg... Salih Dincer via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • Re: T..... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... Tejas via Digitalmars-d-learn
                • ... Dennis via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... Salih Dincer via Digitalmars-d-learn