On Tuesday, 3 May 2022 at 19:03:56 UTC, Dennis wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 May 2022 at 18:22:49 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea what causes these types of errors?

Sounds like a stack overflow, maybe your code has a complex/recursive part that makes DMD's call stack very deep.

Thanks. I think this was it. I figured it out, but it took a bit of time to identify where the problem was coming from...

Basically, I started out with a template like
```d
template foo(T, U u = val, V, W) {}
```
and refactored it to
```d
template foo(T, U u = val, V, W, U y = u) {}
```
which is when I started getting the problem, but I had changed a bunch of other stuff to introduce `y`, so it wasn't entirely clear why that would cause the problems.
Anyway, changing it to
```d
template foo(T, U u = val, V, W, U y = val) {}
```
made the problem went away.