I can generically convert a string to a type using to!type. I have a read function that does that. I have simplified the example below:

```d
        int readNumber()
        {
                return read!int(val => to!int(val), "number");
        }

        string readTime()
        {
                return read!string(val => toTime(val), "time");
        }

        private T read(T)(T function(string) transform, string typeName)
        {
            string input = readln();
            return transform(input);
        }
```
However, I want to be able to convert my own custom types as well. How do I do that? Is there an operator overload I need to override for that? Do I have to static if on the template type and call the object?