On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 23:19:28 UTC, jfondren wrote:
Finding an old version that works on your machine will be very easy, but for example the random 2016 build that I grabbed was also too old to build dmd master, so you want to prefer a newer build that still works. It's not necessary to build dmd master though: in the worst case, you should be able check out interim releases (look at 'git tag --list', then 'git checkout v2.094.0' for example), build those, then used them to build a newer release.

Yes, you were right! I managed to launch the 2020 version. Now I'm trying to build `ldc2`. I will report on the successes a little later. Thanks!