On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 15:49:54 UTC, Keivan Shah wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 15:42:43 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 15:40:04 UTC, Keivan Shah wrote:
Hello,

Today I came across a strange bug while using D with `dmd`. I have still not been able to figure out under what conditions does it happen but it seems to be a DMD related bug to me. Here is a reproducible snippet of the code

[...]

Could be there's some restriction in DMD on number of arguments.

May I ask if this was just an experiment? I hope you're not having code like that in the wild 🙏

Possible, but I think I have had code with more arguments than this and it has worked 😅

Unfortunately, not an experiment. Although have replaced the types so seems silly now, this is part of my constructor for a huge co-coordinator class that takes too many configurable start time parameters and so need to pass these many arguments.

Keivan

Regarding the too many configurable parameters, the general advice is to group all of the params into a `struct` and pass that instead as argument to constructor

Pretty wild bug though, definitely a backend thing