On 12/27/22 9:31 PM, thebluepandabear wrote:
I am reading through the free book on learning D by Ali Çehreli and I am having difficulties understanding the difference between compile time execution and run time execution in D language.

Compile time execution is running your code being compiled *while being compiled*. It allows you to generate compile-time data without having to write specialized "compile time only" constructs like templates or explicitly marked functions (as other languages typically do).

Compile time data doesn't consume any runtime to execute, it's already done by the time your binary is running. It also is usable *at compile time*, for things like `static if`, or `mixin`.

The intermediate language being executed is the parsed and semantically analyzed AST nodes.

-Steve