On 2/10/23 5:10 PM, Ben Jones wrote:
I'm trying to write a range adaptor for linked list types.  The range type seems to work OK, but my helper function to deduce the node type has a compiler error.  My hunch is that `nextField` loses its association with T when I'm trying to pass it as a template parameter inside the helper method, but I can't use __traits(child) there to fix it.

This seems like a bug in the compiler.

I did try simplifying, whereas, instead of `T` being a pointer, I just used `T*` everywhere, and things got a lot simpler.

But it still fails in the same way.

The fact that explicitly specifying the `T` instead of using IFTI works suggests for sure that the compiler should accept it.

-Steve