On Monday, 13 March 2023 at 13:32:04 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
The package registry is full of libraries, yes. That's what it's primarily for. There aren't a lot of executables uploaded there because they're usually better distributed in other ways. But plenty of people are using dub to build them.

One way to handle multiple executables is to write a simple script that makes multiple calls to dub with the configurations you need.

That's essentially the same as using a Makefile (or CMake with custom commands) to build your project.

What I had in mind when I mentioned "multi-executable projects" was something like Postgres or say, a tenth of that, e.g., a server executable, two or more client and utility executables and one or more libraries, all of it spread over a few directories, possibly to a depth of say, two from the root. Can dub handle something like that, e.g., can it handle nested dub.json's, or wouldn't it make much more sense to build such a thing with make, cmake, meson?