On Saturday, 20 May 2023 at 09:20:54 UTC, kdevel wrote:

What if the internet connection is not re-established within an reasonable amount of time? What if the resource is no longer available on the server (HTTP eror 404 [1])? If there is an interactive user: Wouldn't it be better have the user restart the download at his discretion?

I am the interactive user but I'm usually not on site to monitor it while this is happening.

What would have been a better approach?

That depends on where you want to use that download function. If it is intended to download a full software update of a modern e-vehicle I would suggest not to use such an endless loop. I would limit the retries to a low single-digit number greater than one and of log the event.

Noted.

```
ubyte [<?>] buf;
curl.set (CurlOption.errorbuffer, buf.ptr);
```

to store that result.

Okay. Got it. Thank you.