On 2011-04-11 18:42:18 +0200, bearophile said:

Your need is perfectly natural it's named "old" values or prestate in contract programming, and currently it's probably the biggest hole in the D contract programming. It was discussed three or four times, like:
[snip]

Interesting.

I don't know if Walter is willing someday to fill this hole of the D DbC.

It seems the prestate thing hasn't been done because it's a bit ambitious? I mean, the automatic part (which would be totally *kick-ass*, of course).

For me, I'd be happy if I could simply declare and initialize the variables myself somehow before the body is executed, and then check them in the out-block.

In my opinion is good to bugger now and then the main D newsgroup about this, to help Walter&Andrei understand that there are some programmers that care for this feature of DbC.

Is there a feature request on this that I could add my vote to? If not, perhaps it's worth creating one?

If not, I guess I could just post a "bump" to the D group :-}

--
Magnus Lie Hetland
http://hetland.org