On Monday, 4 September 2023 at 07:39:21 UTC, confused wrote:

So then I guess I'd still like to know how I'm expected to store and access an array of characters without the C runtime as I tried in my original post.

You are going to allocate memory using the system call of your operation system and then you'll use a pointer as you would if you had used "malloc".

Is this what you are trying to do?
  • Re: I don't unde... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: I don't... confused via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: I d... bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... confused via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: I d... evilrat via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... confused via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... confused via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... evilrat via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... rempas via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: I d... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-learn