> Greetings All
>
> It has been 2 months since we had release 2.052. Just wondering when is the
> 2.053 release planned?

There isn't really a release schedule. A release kind of just happens when
Walter decides that it's time or when someone else on the dev team (like Don)
pushes for one.

Given the major changes that Don is currently making to CTFE, I wouldn't
expect a release for a while. When he's likely to be done and those changes
stable enough to be released, I don't know, but until they are, I wouldn't
expect a release. I would guess that it'll be within the next month, but I
don't know. I don't know how far along Don is. I do know that there are
definite issues with the current state of dmd though, thanks to the fact that
he's in the midst of making his changes.

> Also, is there an automated way to create a snapshot release from the git
> repositories?

You can download tagged releases, I believe, but that would be releases such
as 2.052, not a random snapshot. The obvious thing to do is just use git to
grab the source as it is now.

- Jonathan M Davis