On Thursday, 8 February 2024 at 01:05:57 UTC, Mengu wrote:
On Wednesday, 7 February 2024 at 22:16:54 UTC, Alexander Zhirov wrote:
Is there a way to identify a client by MAC address when using the Vibe library? The `NetworkAddress` [structure](https://vibed.org/api/vibe.core.net/NetworkAddress) does not provide such features. Or did I miss something?

That doesn't have anything to do with the server side if I am not mistaken as you should receive that via the browser that actually allows you to receive the mac address -via an extension- or some private API exposed by the browser.

I don't know the use case but you may be better off with browser fingerprinting if you'd like to have a unique way of identifying the visitors. Or, if it's a local network, maybe you can use tcpdump/libpcap.

It is at the packet level to monitor the address. Not at all what I would like. Thanks for the tip:)