Can somebody give me a starting point for understanding varadic functions? I know that we can declare them

  int[] args...

and pick through whatever the caller provided. But if the caller wants to pass two int's and a _string_? That declaration won't permit it.

I've looked into the formatter, and also the varargs implementation. But it's a bit of a trip through a funhouse full of mirrors. Can somebody describe the basic language approach to non-uniform varargs, and then I can take it the rest of the way reading the library.

Thanks in advance!
Andy