On Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 20:13:26 UTC, Lance Bachmeier wrote:
I haven't used Python much in recent years, but my recollection is that Python 2 had an ast module that would spit out the ast for you.

Thanks for the pointer! So I ran one of my modules through and generated an AST, and get results similar to:
```
Module(
   body=[
      Import(
         names=[
            alias(name='sys')]),
      FunctionDef(
         name='pout',
         args=arguments(
            posonlyargs=[],
            args=[
               arg(arg='item')],
            kwonlyargs=[],
            kw_defaults=[],
            defaults=[]),
         body=[
```
etc.

I presume I'll now need to write something that parses this into D source (maybe with the assistance of a module provided above). Before I do that, is this syntax general enough that a Python-AST to D source converter may already exist? Obvious searches in google and the D package index didn't turn up anything.

I have no background at all in working with ASTs, in fact my formal education is not even in CS, so I'm way outside my wheelhouse at this point.