On Friday, 7 June 2024 at 23:19:37 UTC, solidstate1991 wrote:
I **need** to link against various system libraries, and otherwise some tools won't be able to access the D compiler unless I start them from a command line after an initialization script.

I'm using Linux Mint, it's much more stable than Ubuntu (which started to completely collapse on me for just looking the wrong way at it), but unfortunately some packages are outdated, especially the D compilers.

Okay, I installed the "curl" versions, how do I edit the activating shell scripts of DMD and LDC that they'd work as if they were installed "normally"? I don't have the time, not the capacity to test my libraries with multiple different compiler versions, and document any oddities between them (and I almost never need it thanks to D).