On Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 17:15:07 UTC, Vinod K Chandran wrote:
On Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 16:54:44 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

I would instead ask the reason for wanting to write D code without the GC.

-Steve

Hi Steve,
Two reasons.
1. I am writting a dll to use in Python. So I am assuming that manual memory management is better for this project. It will give finer control to me.
2. To squeeze out the last bit of performance from D.

the GC only runs on allocation. if you want to squeeze out the last bit of performance, you should preallocate all bufferes anyway, and GC vs no GC doesn't matter. also just slap @nogc on your main function to avoid accidential allocations.