On 8/26/11 23:56 , bearophile wrote:
Steven Schveighoffer:

In fact, it would probably be faster.

I suggest the OP to keep us updated on this matter. And later after some time,
if no solutions are found, to bring the issue to the main D newsgroup and to
Bugzilla too. This is a significant issue.

Bye,
bearophile
Small update:
I added some more example implementations as a reaction to Mehrdad's suggestion to make sure to use the same file-read api. So the c++ and the d version both load libc dynamically and from that the symbol fread.
respective times from c++ and d: 115ms vs. 504ms.

the only thing i could also try is to use ldc or gdc (but i first have to install those).

regards
christian