On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 23:44:41 +0300, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisp...@gmx.com> wrote:

It uses the const version if the struct or class is const. And in neither case in your program is it const. It's mutable in both, so the mutable overload is
the one that gets called in both places. Why would the const version get
called? How would it know to call that one instead of the mutable one? I don't know how it could work any other way. I would have thought that it would be
exactly the same in C++, but I don't overload on constness very often in
either language, so I'm not necessarily familiar with all of the ins and outs
of why C++ picks const over mutable in such cases.

- Jonathan M Davis

I was just testing you!