On 10/13/2011 07:14 PM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 09:18:46 -0700, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

On Thursday, October 13, 2011 05:35:52 bearophile wrote:
Davidson Corry:
Did D2 ever implement the Eiffel "old" construct?

At the moment there no prestate in D. I agree that prestate is an
important sub-feature of contract programming. It was discussed two or
three times, but the discussions didn't produce actual results. I think
it was not implemented because I think Walter thinks D contract
programming is a half failure (I don't agree on this) and because
implementing the prestate is a bit tricky.

I don't recall him ever saying anything about contract programming in D
being a failure in any way.

He had mentioned that at some point the implementation of contract
programming had serious bugs but nobody had complained.

IIRC, old was rejected because it added
extra complication for little value.

Yes, there were technical difficulties in making the stack frame at the
call point available to the stack frame at the exit point.

Why would that be required?