So, in comparison to C++, there's no significant difference. Now, Java does have
a remove function which will take an element and remove the first occurence of
that element from a list, and we could theoretically add one, but why?

IMO, it's much more intuitive to say list.remove(item). It's the first thing a lot of people expect coming from a Java background, that's for sure. The first time I tried to use SList, being unfamiliar with ranges as I was, it took a while to figure out what I needed to do. IIRC, I had to post here to ask.

The problem is that you really have to understand ranges and the Phobos functions that manipulate them before you can begin to use containers. I think that's wrong. Ideally, containers should be usable without having to know about find and Take and whatever else. This isn't the first time this question has come up in the NG and I've got a feeling it won't be the last.

At the very least it would be nice to see something in the documentation tying std.algorithm and std.range together with std.container. Something to point the way for those to whom it isn't obvious.