On 02/03/2012 04:26 AM, Manfred Nowak wrote:
H. S. Teoh wrote:

I don't think that should be grounds to get rid of CTFE,
though.

In contrast to your remark, I do not see the benefits of reducing two
compiling phases to one. For me CTFE ist nothing else than running the
executables of a first compilation in order to get some values needed
for a second compilation.

-manfred

- needed for a third compilation, needed for a fourth compilation, needed for a fifth compilation ...

- better syntax, can do complex things without obfuscating the code

- no need to serialize and feed back the data into the compiler

- more convenient!

- faster

- very cool

You probably haven't made extensive use of the feature. For me it is the main reason to choose D for development.