On 15-03-2012 22:17, Sean Cavanaugh wrote:
On 3/15/2012 3:56 PM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
On 15-03-2012 21:53, Gour wrote:
On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:49:14 -0700
"H. S. Teoh"<hst...@quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:

Another question. How to I repair my current history, which is all
messed up now?

By not using DVCS which allows you to rewrite history (hint: check
Fossil). ;)

It's perfectly useful in DVCS. Without it, you'd have a mess of a
history when you send your changes upstream. That's not really
acceptable.

Why would you delete history? Thats pretty much the primary purpose of
source control.

I didn't say delete history.

Squashing commits together into one just simplifies the history. It makes it easier to review, easier to view in logs, easier to bisect, ...

--
- Alex