On Wednesday, 28 March 2012 at 23:55:38 UTC, TJB wrote:
All,

I'm very new to D. I am wanting to install the SciD module (David Simcha's fork), but I don't know how to go about it. Can you guide me?

Where does the code go?  How do I import it?

Thanks,

TJB

There are many ways to go about using modules, I will go over installing a module for Linux. Usually the simplest way to get started is to pass all files to the compiler (you use an import statement to import the modules).

Build SciD as a library.

$ dmd -lib -oflibscid.a all.d files.d for.d SciD.d

Copy lib to /usr/local/lib

Copy sciD source files in the same direcectory structure (propably starting with scid/) to /usr/local/src

Installed.

Create a main.d file somewhere:

$ cat main.d
import scid.something;
void main() {}

$ dmd -I/usr/local/src main.d

Windows would be something different, however optlink doesn't have a standard set of locations to look for library files. you can also pass the library to dmd

$ dmd -I/usr/local/src main.d libscid.a -- If it is in the same directory as main.d